The Hales Corners Police Department is currently seeking applicants to fill a vacant Patrol Officer position and establish an eligibility list for future vacancies. The hiring process will consist of: an application, written examination, oral interviews, medical examination, psychological examination, drug screening, and a thorough background investigation.
Applicants shall meet the criteria listed in this section for further consideration as a candidate for the position of police officer. Those who do not meet the criteria will not be permitted to participate in the testing procedure.
1. Have attained the age of 18 years by the date of application.
2. Be a United States citizen on the date of application.
3. Have earned a minimum of 60 credits from an accredited college in: police science, criminal justice, or a related field by the date of application; or, be able to obtain a waiver of from the Wisconsin Department of Justice, Training and Standards Board.
4. Have completely and correctly filled out the job application forms and provided all supplemental documents and information required in the application packet.
5. Possess a valid driver’s license at the time of application, and possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license at the time of appointment to the department.
6. Have not been convicted of a felony, misdemeanor or other violation of the law that relates to the ability of the applicant to function as a police officer or possess/carry a firearm.
- Applications are being accepted for this vacancy from January 6, 2014 to February 7, 2014.
- Applications submitted after 12:00/AM February 8, 2014 will only be considered for subsequent hiring processes.
- Applications are available in person at the Hales Corners Police Department or by printing from the provided link here…2014 Police Officer Application
The Village of Hales Corners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Hales Corners Police Department to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, place of birth, age, handicap, sexual orientation or veteran status, and will ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.