Due to restrictions in place related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) the police department is making changes to open records requests and releasing of the records.
There are two ways for citizens to request records:
• You can email to the department and request records. The email address is email@example.com.
• You can call the police department’s administration line at 414-529-6166. This phone line is monitored by a police clerk Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm. If someone does not answer you can leave a voicemail message. Messages left on this line will be returned withing 24 hours during the above dates and times.
How we are releasing records.
• All records will be released by sending them to you via email or U.S. Mail.
• There normally is a cost for records. Due to the currently restrictions the following will be in place.
• All requests under $10 that can be emailed will be processed at no cost.
• All request that requires the records to be sent via U.S. Mail will incur actual postage costs.
• $.25 per page
• $4.00 per CD/DVD
• Cost of postage is the actual cost if the records are mailed.
Access by the public to records maintained by the police department is governed by Section 19.33 to 19.37 of the Wisconsin Statutes.