We’ve made it easy for you to access Police Reports and other Open Records. There are three ways:
1. You can email to the department and request records. The email address is email@example.com;
2. For those without email access, you may appear in person and fill out an Open Records request form;
3. Or send a letter via U.S. Mail to the Police Department, ATTN: Open Records.
- Motor Vehicle Crash Reports should be directly requested from WWW.CRASHDOCS.ORG
- You may contact us for assistance in obtaining a crash report if necessary
Some notes regarding the fulfillment of your request.
- Ordinarily it will take 5 business days after an incident for reports to be processed for release.
- Records will most often be released to you by sending them via email or U.S. Mail.
- There is ordinarily a cost associated with processing all record requests.
- All requests under $10 that can be emailed will be processed at no cost.
- All request that requires the records to be sent via U.S. Mail will incur actual postage costs.
• $.25 per page
• $4.00 per CD/DVD
• Cost of postage is the actual cost if the records are mailed.
Access by the public to records maintained by the police department is governed by Section 19.33 to 19.37 of the Wisconsin Statutes.