The Hales Corners Police Department is currently seeking applicants to fill two Police Officer positions. The hiring process will consist of: an application, oral interviews, a written test, medical examination, psychological examination, drug screening, and a thorough background investigation.
Each application will be reviewed by a representative of the Police Department for completeness and to ensure that each application meets the minimum requirements. The Police Department is under no obligation to notify an applicant that his/her application is incomplete. Applicants shall meet the criteria listed in this section for further consideration as a candidate for the position of police officer. Those who do not meet the criteria will not be permitted to participate further in the hiring process.
1. Have attained the age of 18 years by the date of application.
2. Be a United States citizen on the date of application.
3. Have earned a minimum of 60 credits from an accredited college, or be able to obtain a waiver of from the Wisconsin Department of Justice, Training and Standards Board.
4. Have completely and correctly filled out the job application form.
5. Possess a valid driver’s license at the time of application and possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license at the time of appointment to the department.
6. Have not been convicted of a felony, misdemeanor, or other violation of the law that relates to the ability of the applicant to function as a police officer or possess a firearm.
This hiring process will be titled the 2019 Police Officer Hiring to distinguish it from open recruitment and subsequent directed recruiting efforts. The estimated dates for this process are as follows:
– Applications are being accepted for this vacancy from May 10, 2019 to June 30, 2019.
– Applications submitted after 12:00/AM July 1, 2019 will not be considered for this process.
– Applications may be obtained at the Hales Comers Police Department, 5635 S. New Berlin RD, Hales Corners, WI.
– Applications are also available by printing from the provided link here…2019 Police Officer Application
July 13, 2019 Oral Interview Panel for top qualified applicants.
Between July 16 and 25, 2019 Individually scheduled Meet and Greet opportunity with Field training staff and completion of written test for top four ranked candidates.
August 1, 2019 Individual interviews with Chief of Police for top three ranked candidates.
August 20, 2019 Fire and Police Commission review and appointment of recommended candidates.
December 31, 2019 Latest possible closing date for this hiring process.
The Village of Hales Corners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Hales Corners Police Department to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, place of birth, age, handicap, sexual orientation or veteran status, and will ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.